The optical module is a photoelectric conversion module. The function of the optical module is to convert the electrical signal of the device into an optical signal, so that it can be propagated in the optical fiber, and has the advantages of no cable propagation, such as transmission distance, transmission rate, etc., after reaching the destination. The optical signal is converted back to an electrical signal by the optical module for use by the device. The optical module is just a conversion device that needs to be plugged in or soldered to the device.
An optical module is a photoelectrically converted electronic component. Simply speaking, an optical signal is converted into an electrical signal, and an electrical signal is converted into an optical signal, which includes a transmitting device, a receiving device, and an electronic functional circuit. According to its definition, as long as there is an optical signal, there will be application of the optical module.
What is the optical module used for?
1. Video optical transceiver: Generally, 1*9 single-mode optical modules are used, and some high-definition optical transceivers also use SFP optical modules.
2. Optical transceiver: 1*9 and SFP optical modules
3. Switch: The switch will use GBIC, 1*9, SFP, SFP+, XFP optical modules, etc.
4. Fiber-optic router: SFP optical module is generally used.
5. Optical network card: 1*9 optical module, SFP optical module, SFP+ optical module, etc.
6. Fiber high speed dome: SFP optical module
7. Base station: A device in a mobile communication system that connects a fixed part to a wireless part and wirelessly transmits the mobile station through the air. Adopt SFP and XFP optical modules
Optical modules provide a viable solution for long-distance communication link transmission, and are key components to meet the performance requirements of today's network architectures, which not only increases the flexibility of network coverage, but also makes it easier to replace components in the event of a failure.